• 19 Vote(s) - 3.16 Average

1. Global News Edition [1. Week of August]
1. Global News Edition [1. Week of August]

Short Information: I decided to weekly release global news. I'm trying to keep it as short as possible and if you like it, i'll do more Smile

Technology News

Windows 10 has already been installed on 14 million PCs
[Image: Windows_10_angekuendigt_Die_wichtigsten_...135405.png]
Microsoft says its’ new Windows 10 operating system is now running on more than 14 million computers, two days after the software was released as a free download.
That’s a far cry from the company’s goal of getting Windows 10 onto a billion devices within three years. Microsoft says it’s releasing the software in waves to make sure downloads go smoothly.

Motorola launches new Moto G and Moto X smartphones
[Image: 0Gzhytj.jpg]
Motorola is refreshing its Android smartphones with better cameras and other improvements as it seeks to lure customers who want lower-cost alternatives to leading smartphones from Apple and Samsung.
Motorola, which Lenovo bought from Google last year, said the new Moto G will retail in the U.S. for about $180 without a contract. Motorola hasn’t announced prices for the Moto X models, but they are expected to be a few hundred dollars cheaper than high-end phones, which cost $600 or more without a contract.

Stephen Hawking warns of ‘killer robots’ using artificial intelligence
The military invests billions of dollars in all kinds of mad science projects. Now, a thousand of the world’s leading scientists are warning the world about something much more ominous – artificial intelligence.
Scientists and tech experts – including Stephen Hawking and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak – are warning of a global arms race with weapons using artificial intelligence.
"A global arms race is virtually inevitable, and the endpoint of this technological trajectory is obvious: autonomous weapons will become the Kalashnikovs of tomorrow."

Super-Scary Android Backdoor Found
Zimperium on Monday revealed a stunning discovery by researcher Joshua Drake -- a flaw in Android's Stagefright media playback engine that could expose millions of mobile device users to attack without their having done anything.
The vulnerabilities critically expose 95 percent of Android devices -- about 950 million. "Users of Android versions older than 4.1 are at extreme risk."

Gaming News

2K has announced the reveal of Mafia 3 on 5. August
[Image: CK_-D_uWcAAUi1q.jpg]
2K's UK twitter account has just announced the announcement of Mafia 3. The announcement will take place next week, on August 5. The announcement will take place at the Gamescom.

PT has been recreated in Unity
The Silent Hills playable teaser, known colloquially to gamers as PT, was originally released in 2014 as a PS4 freebie on the PlayStation Store. But after the apparent breakdown in relationship with Hideo Kojima the wheels came off Silent Hills, Konami pulled it, and blocked anyone who already had it from re-downloading it. Fortunately for those who missed out on the experience, it's now possible to play a small part of it on the PC thanks to the efforts of Farhan Qureshi, an aspiring game developer who put together an accurate and extremely detailed recreation of the PT hallway in Unity.
Download Here: Punity (Click on "No, thanks. Just take me to the downloads" when a donation note shows up.)

Battlefield 5 officially confirmed for 2016
[Image: 1FsPWtdNMeY-.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg]
There will be a new Battlefield game in 2016, a spokesperson for publisher Electronic Arts has confirmed. Speaking during an investor's call (where all exciting video game announcements are hidden), EA CFO Blake Jorgensen confirmed the news.
"What we've said is that our intention over the next couple of years is to have a first-person shooter as one of the core titles," Jorgensen said (via IGN). "This year, obviously, it's Star Wars Battlefront. Next year, it's another Battlefield title."

Windows 10 Solitaire requires a subscription to remove ads
[Image: gVzGAWqd-bP8.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg]
Windows 10—which is out now, by the way—comes, as it used to in the pre-Win8 days, with Solitaire preinstalled. The Microsoft Solitaire Collection, in fact, which bundles the classic Klondike with other familiar variants like Freecell and Spider Solitaire, tracks stats and logs achievements, and will even have leaderboards at some point. It also has ads.
You can make the ads go away, but, as you may have guessed, it'll cost you, and not just once: The Microsoft Solitaire Collection Premium Edition is effectively a subscription service that goes for $1.50 a month, or $10 for a year. The Premium version of the game does away with ads, and also offers more coins

EA details Star Wars Battlefront's "Blast" mode
[Image: jG2oCzCA-l6r.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg]
Star Wars Battlefront's newly-announced "Blast" mode is a 10v10 Team Deathmatch contest that pits the Rebels against the Imperials on maps specifically designed for fast-paced, close-quarters combat. They're smaller than the "vast" maps that feature in other gameplay modes, and they've been tweaked in other ways as well.
Maps used in Star Wars: Battlefront are designed with specific modes of play in mind, and in the case of Blast mode that means they're more than just smaller versions of maps used elsewhere. Those variations are "crucial," Lead Level Designer Dennis Brännvall explained, and they'll manifest in different ways. "Say you've just played Walker Assault mode on Hoth and then switched to Blast, still on Hoth," he said. "Thanks to variations in lighting and time of day, you'll definitely see a difference."

League of Legends character "Gangplank" has been killed
"Gangplank is dead."
Yup. League of Legends has just killed off one of its characters. Well, "killed" off. He's dead in the lore, and he's unavailable in the game. That certainly doesn't mean this is the last we've seen of him.
As part of the story surrounding the Bilgewater event that's been running for the last few weeks, Gangplank was dispatched by his long time rival Miss Fortune. Drowned, naturally. But like super heroes, MOBA characters don't stay gone long.
"Champion death is unprecedented in League of Legends, and we do not take it lightly. We encourage all Gangplank fans to remain calm for a few days until we can fully assess the situation. At this time, we are not addressing refund requests for him or his skins but please know that over the next several days we’ll do our best to make things right for everyone."

TV & Entertainment

Fans worry about Liam Neeson. Is he alright?
[Image: 2AEA953000000578-3177958-Unrecognisable_...308242.jpg]
And action hero Liam Neeson continued to look unrecognizable on Tuesday when he was seen heading to an office building in midtown, sporting a low-key appearance.
The 63-year-old Taken star covered up in a green baseball cap and was sporting spectacles as he stepped out into the sunshine.
He made sure that he hasn't been healthier before and that it's just his age making him look so weird.

Game of Thrones likely to continue for three more season and a prequel
HBO’s most-watched series, the medieval fantasy drama Game of Thrones, is likely to continue through three more seasons and a prequel.
The sixth season is now being filmed and Executives have planned to run at least seven seasons and are discussing with the show’s creators how much longer the show will extend beyond that

Star Wars May Be Working On 3 Different Netflix Shows
As Star Wars fans are well aware, we’re currently in the most exciting time for the franchise since the early 1980s. Three more Episodes and several film spinoffs have been confirmed, and there have been rumors floating around about a live-action Star Wars TV show.
Now there is talk that there are actually THREE different shows that Disney is developing, with Netflix as the planned destination

Science

Pluto has a thicker atmosphere than thought?
[Image: new-horizons-pluto-silhouette.jpg?qualit...405&crop=1]
In a Friday press conference, NASA revealed a breathtaking image of the small world — an image of its nightside with the sun illuminating it. The surprise? That Pluto’s atmosphere extends farther out into space than previously believed — 5 times farther. The thin haze extends about 100 miles outward, something that was a shock to planetary scientists.

Two more planets discovered orbiting other stars
How far we’ve come. Thirty years ago, astronomers theorized that planets could orbit other stars in our galaxy. Today, we know of more than 1,800 exoplanets with more than another 5,000 to be confirmed.
Now, two telescopes — using very different methods — have discovered two more unique and intriguing worlds orbiting far off stars. NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope together with the W.M. Keck Telescope in Hawaii, has uncovered a planet roughly the size of Uranus.

Politic

Hillary Clinton releases her tax documents and she's rich
Hillary Clinton, who wants to be next president of usa, released her tax documents and shows that she and her husband made over 140 million in 7 years. She got the money mainly from speeches.

IMF cannot join Greek rescue
The International Monetary Fund’s board has been told Athens’ high debt levels and poor record of implementing reforms disqualify Greece from a third IMF bailout of the country, raising new questions over whether the institution will join the EU’s latest financial rescue.

WTF News lel

Stephen Hawking Kicks Off $100M Hunt for Alien Intelligence
[Image: xl-2015-breakthrough-initiatives-1.jpg]
Stephen Hawking and a group of other high-profile space scientists joined with Russian billionaire Yuri Milner this week to announce a new US$100 million effort to search for intelligent alien life.
"We believe that life arose spontaneously on Earth," Hawking said at Monday's news conference, "So in an infinite universe, there must be other occurrences of life."

German woman trampled to death by cows in Switzerland
Swiss authorities say a 77-year-old German woman has been trampled to death by a herd of cows in the Alps near the resort town of Laax.
Swiss police told the dpa news agency Saturday that the Berlin tourist apparently decided to take a shortcut between a restaurant in the mountains and a cable-car station by entering a fenced-off area and trying to walk through the herd. Police say the cows, apparently seeking to protect their calves, trampled the woman.
A cyclist who witnessed the incident alerted authorities and a doctor was called to try to save the woman but she died at the scene.

3 Bin Laden family members killed in plane crash in England
Three relatives of the late al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden were among four people killed when a private jet crashed on landing in southern England, British police confirmed Saturday. Police thinks that the mother, sister and brother-in-law of the owner of the aircraft, all of whom are from the bin Laden family, died in the crash.

These are the news for this week. If you enjoyed, please reply and if you have suggestions, reply too. Next week will fall out because i'm going on VACaction (haha), but if there's internet, i'll make the 2. news edition.

Sources: Several News Pages

Sick News <3
U wrote it very interesting Smile
Didnt know bf5 was gonna come out :O

Enjoy your vac ation bro Big Grin

I hope Battlefield 5 will be better than Hardline... Smile But great news!

(08-06-2015, 09:14 PM)giner2 Wrote: I hope Battlefield 5 will be better than Hardline... Smile But great news!

fuck you LOL i amstill in love with battelfield hhardline hahha

(08-07-2015, 01:04 PM)curkill Wrote:
(08-06-2015, 09:14 PM)giner2 Wrote: I hope Battlefield 5 will be better than Hardline... Smile But great news!

But only in german because of the voice of Kollegah

[Image: BattlefieldHardlineKollegah.jpg]

Also, 2. Global News will follow today.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2015, 03:03 PM by VisualBasics.)

(08-07-2015, 03:02 PM)VisualBasics Wrote:

Haha Big Grin Yeah its so awesome that its the voice of Kollegah Big Grin

(08-09-2015, 07:34 PM)giner2 Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 03:02 PM)VisualBasics Wrote:

Haha Big Grin Yeah its so awesome that its the voice of Kollegah Big Grin
NO NO NO NO fuck kollegah D

very nice LOL

swy11588very nice LOL

Big Grin true that,  i wish he could write more xD

(01-15-2016, 10:15 AM)curkill Wrote: swy11588very nice LOL

Big Grin true that,  i wish he could write more xD

I wish i could too.